It’s time to start saying No, so you can start saying Yes.
A real, true, hard NO.
NO…to people who bring you nothing but judgmental thoughts, negativity, and who constantly try to take you down.
NO…to things that do not make you happy or are not in alignment with your dreams and goals.
NO…to things that keep you away from your priorities and threaten your boundaries.
I know how hard it is to say NO. Trust me, I still struggle with being a people-pleaser and often say YES to things when I know, in my heart, that I should have said NO.
But here’s the thing. The more you say NO to things that do not serve you, the more space you have in your life to say YES to things that truly light you up and make you feel amazing.
And don’t we all want to have more space to do the things that truly light us up, rather than spending our entire life doing the things that we absolutely hate, but feel like we HAVE to do?
I know I do!
So how can we start saying NO, so we can start saying YES?
Here are a few things to get you started:
- Write down your priorities. For example, friends, family, exercise, eating healthy.
- Schedule in time for your priorities. For example, daily exercise from 6-7am.
- Get really strong with your boundaries. Make sure you communicate to the people in your life that these are your boundaries, and make sure to stand firm with your boundaries. For example, if you do not work weekends, you do not work weekends. Period. No questions asked. Proclaim it from the rooftops.
- Do not say yes to anything that does not serve your highest good. If you’re shy to say No to someone straight up, a great trick is to practice saying ‘Let me check my calendar and get back to you’ rather than saying a quick Yes because you want the other person to like you. Then you can get back to them later and say, ‘That just does not work in my calendar. I’m sorry.’
- Commit to yourself and to honouring your boundaries. This is the biggest gift you can give to yourself. When we honour our commitments, we show ourselves that we are trustworthy, and our self-love and self-worth increases.
I hope these tips were helpful and you will start implementing them into your life right away.
Talk to you soon!
PS-Do you struggle with boundaries and saying no? I’d love to know how you plan to stand firm for yourself and your boundaries after reading this blog post. Comment below and let me know!