Pigmentation is a one of the major problems of skin. It is caused by increased production of melanin in the body. Melanin is a hormone that gives color to the skin and hair. Due to its over production, sometimes dark spots, freckles and blemishes occur and your skin might get hyperpigmented. Sometimes it might happen that you keep on using a product and it deposits in the pores of your skin, or dust and dirt particles can also get trapped which later on gather to form stubborn dark spots. Blemishes are also caused by exposure to UV light or harmful rays from the sun.
Pigmentation makes your skin look unpresentable and unattractive. No matter how beautiful you are, one dark spot on the face can totally make your overall appearance dull and faded. Pigmented areas can catch anyone’s eye and leave people staring at you. This will make you lose your confidence all at once. But you don’t have to worry anymore as we have gathered all the information you need to avoid getting pigmentation and blemishes and if at all you get them at some point, then how to hide them.
How to avoid pigmentation?
There are numerous factors affecting the production of melanin leading to pigmentation. Here are a few steps you can take to avoid pigmentation.
– Avoid direct sunlight: Sunlight is the main cause of production of melanin. The harmful rays of sunlight damage the skin cells of the face. It triggers the body to produce melanin that reduces the effects of sunrays but in return causes pigmentation. So avoid direct contact with sunlight.
– Drink plenty of water: Water penetrates deep into the cells and purifies the pigmentation. It refreshes the skin cells and allows them to grow in a healthy way.
– Add fruits and vegetables in your diet: Remember that your body is what you feed it. Your face requires many nutrients and minerals, same as your body. Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of healthy vitamins and minerals that are good for the skin.
– Night is the best time for healing: Go to bed on time and have a good sleep of at least 8 hours.
– Keep your skin moisturized: Do apply good quality moisturizers on the skin. Keep your skin hydrated all the time.
Which products should you use?
Cosmetics work perfectly to hide and cover all the blemishes and pigmented areas. Some of them also help in preventing pigmentation from occurring. If you are opting to go for products to treat pigmentation, here are a few recommendations for you that you can consider.
– Sunscreens: Sunscreen protects your skin from all the harsh rays of the sun. Making a barrier between the UV rays and your skin, any adverse reaction and hence the occurrence of pigmentation is prevented. While choosing a sunscreen, make sure you choose one that is broad spectrum and SPF 50 or more. These will work best for you.
– Liquid foundation: liquid foundation has the ability to get absorbed in the skin quickly without making a white cast. These are the best foundation to cover freckles due to their amazing coverage. To get the best results, choose the one which matches your skin tone perfectly and gives you the ideal complexion.
– Concealer: who isn’t aware of the amazing effects of a good concealer. It blends well into the skin and can cover up all the dark spots so perfectly that they look almost non existent.
– Cushion: Cushion of or powder foundation of any kind is ideal to cover up your face and make it look even toned. Among all such types of brands, Korean cushion foundation works the best for all skin types. These foundations penetrate into the skin perfectly and give a natural and matte look.
By picking up any of the above mentioned products wisely, according to your skin tone and skin type, you can say goodbye to your pigmentation problems and get an even and smooth look in just a few minutes.
Read more: Puce Beauty